After 20 years off the air, Hulu has brought a new generation of One Tree Hill fans to its iconic teen (now 30-something) drama, and the show’s momentum is not slowing down anytime soon.
The WB/CW series One Tree Hill has a few secrets even the most ardent fans don’t know.
- One Tree Hill was originally a movie.
- Hilarie Burton Almost Went Bald Playing Peyton
- Chad Michael Murray Was Bad At Basketball
- When One Tree Hill first came out, it was pitched as a film.
- No One Appears In All 187 Episodes
- When Michael Jordan was a kid, he used to play basketball on the same court that Tree Hill High School’s basketball games were filmed on.
- Sheffer thought the way Keith died was “brilliant.”
- When An Unkindness of Ravens was first released in the 1980s, it had the same title as Lucas’ work.
- Schwahn’s album wall in Peyton’s room was inspired by an antique movie poster wall he had seen in a theater.
- Johansson filmed Season 1, Episode 12 with pneumonia and was quite high on cough syrup during most of the shots.
- In contrast, Johansson “hated” the Season 3, Episode 16 script because he was afraid to shoot Sheffer.
- When Haley’s pregnancy, Lenz was pregnant in real life.
- Because Bush and Nichols were dating simultaneously, Brooke and Julian (Austin Nichols) had tremendous chemistry on screen.
- A typical day on set started at 6:30 in the morning.
- In season 5, Haley does not learn to drive a car! Peyton, Lucas, Nathan, Skills, and Brooke are her drivers.
- Because of the “suffering beneath her eyes,” Hilarie Burton was cast as Peyton. In the director’s opinion, Peyton should look like that.
- After divorcing Murray, Bush went on to date two more of her cast members. She briefly dated James Lafferty and then Austin Nichols for about four years.
- Moira Kelly Was Pregnant During Season One.
- Peyton & Lucas’ Untimely Exits Weren’t Financially Motivated
- Attention all OTH fans: You can still access Peyton’s Punk & Disorderly website online!
- The series jumped ahead four years to skip the college years so the actors would finally play their real ages.
So, whether you’re rewatching the series for the umpteenth time or discovering it for the first time, remember that there’s more to One Tree Hill than meets the eye.
It’s a series that entertained us and left us with these fascinating hidden stories that will continue to be passed down to future generations of fans.