Modern Family” best famous and funny quotes and has since hit the must-see charts and gone global, as it is in fact today ” as well as interesting facts about. It is one of my must-sees whenever I get the chance and need some cheering up, never a dull moment, and class acting, (well most of it is pretty much normal life!) I have laid out some of the tops you might have not known! Sooooo…. did you know?!
1.Ed O’Neill, who plays Jake, reads the same newspaper he used in scenes in Married With Children 20 years ago.
2. Comedian Rob Huebel turned down an audition for the role of Phil Dunphy because he hated the script.
3. Ariel got her start in commercials!
Ariel’s first paying job was a Cool Whip commercial! She’s been working ever since.
4. Cam was almost a prison administrator. In college, Stonestreet was studying criminal justice before he landed an acting career
5. Cam isn’t gay in real life! Even though he is the absolute best at acting like a gay man, Eric Stonestreet is straight. Married with a kid.
6. Sofia Vergara battled cancer. She was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2000 when she was 28 years old, but had a full recovery after treatment.
7. Julie Bowen wears a pacemaker. The actress has been wearing a pacemaker since her 20s due to heart problems.
8.Julie Bowen was in ‘Happy Gilmore. ‘yes, it’s true, Claire Dunphy is the same girl that helped Adam Sandler beat Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore. Mind = Blown.
9. Ty Burrell owns a bar in Utah. Phil Dunphy used to live in Salt Lake City and co-owns a bar with his brother Duncan called “Bar-X”.
10. Sofia Vergara, who plays Gloria, was the highest-paid TV actress in 2012, earning an estimated $19 million that year. Yap…. that was my reaction!
11. Eric Stonestreet wanted to become a clown when he was a kid. The clown “Fizbo” from Modern Family is actually his childhood invention!
12.Sarah was home-schooled! Sarah’s mom home schooled her until she was in second grade. After that Sarah went to public school and graduated from the Professional Performing Arts School in New York.
13. Rico used to be a shy kid! Before Rico started acting, he was very shy. He didn’t even want to go in an audition room without his mom! Aw! After he started taking improv and acting classes he came out of his shell.
14. According to E! News Phil Dunphy’s character was originally meant for Matt Le Blanc, AKA Joey from Friends, but when he declined Ty Burrell took the part. Ed O’Neill, who plays the part of Jay Pritchett, was also the producers second choice.
15. Nolan Gould is a genius. Seriously. Even though he plays the unintelligent Luke Dunphy, Nolan Gould has been a member of MENSA since he was just four years old.
16. Sarah Hyland has kidney dysplasia. She was diagnosed when she was nine, in 2012 her father donated a kidney when she needed a transplant.
17. Modern Family was originally going to be called My American Family.
18. Britney Spears was offered a role in season 3 of the hit comedy series but she turned it down.
19. Oopsie! You know how Mitchell and Cameron adopted their bundle of joy from Vietnam? Well, it turns out that Vietnam has not yet legalized single parents or same sex couples to adopt children from their country.
20.Modern Family was the first ABC series to win the Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series in 22 years. There you have it, for those who haven’t yet seen modern family, (you are living under a rock) and HAVE to watch it! It’s like FRIENDS but in a family version! Buy and watch the episode on The Punk Rock Princess home page!