With a new year comes a brand new and psychologically clean slate to leave behind the things of the past year. And a lot can change in a year, both good and bad. And with a clean slate comes the chance to make sure that the year ahead is your best yet, and one of your most productive yet as well. You can quite easily change a few things in your life in a matter of months, so with a vision and the desire for change, you can be where you want to be sooner than you think. Here are some steps to help you get where you want to be and make sure that 2019 is your most productive yet.
- Drafting a vision for your life is an important place to start. What do you want it to look like in six months’ time or at this point next year? How about in five years’ time? When you have an idea of where you’d like to be, then you can take steps to get you there. It is always good to have an end goal or vision in mind, but then each day can be focused on the smaller steps to get you there.
- Creating space where you live is important for a productive and happier life. It can be hard to focus when the space in which you live or work is cluttered and there is so much going on. You’ll want to make your plans and goals in a space that inspires you, so that you can inspire yourself to be the best yet.
- Often, there can’t be change without putting ourselves out of our comfort zones a little (and this goes for various aspects of our lives). Could this next year be the year that you take the leap to owning a home or when you change your mortgage company for a better deal? How about it being the year that you change your job and do something that you have wanted to do for a long time? Change can bring with it things that can make us feel a little nervous, but embracing it and using that fear to make you more productive is going to be such a good thing.
- We are all creatures of habit and routine, and we can easily fall into doing things just by their being a habit. And unless we take time to make changes, we will just be doing the same old things. For some habits, that isn’t going to be a bad thing. But there are some habits that are not going to be good for us and that are worth quitting or changing to make sure that we are able to be healthier and happier. When you’re not tied down by bad habits, you are more likely to be productive too.
- Having goals to work towards is such a good thing, and will help your year to go well. But there is a balance that needs to be achieved too. Think about life over the next twelve months, and make sure that you are doing things in there that are going to help you to be happier, as well as more productive.