Is there any drink more fun and refreshing than an ice-cold milkshake? I don’t think so. Milkshakes are a part of American food culture and have spread worldwide. Here’s my list of the best milkshake recipe you can find anywhere.
Classic Vanilla Milkshake
Made with vanilla ice cream and vanilla extract. The original “plain” milkshake is still a crowd-pleasing favourite. Adding a maraschino cherry on top makes it a little more special.
- 1 ½ cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream (optional)
- Place the milkshake glasses in the freezer for up to 10 minutes.
- Make sure vanilla ice cream and milk are completely cold.
- Place the cold vanilla ice cream and whole milk in the blender.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Blend for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Divide between two icy glasses. Top with whipped cream and serve immediately.
Old Fashioned Chocolate Milkshake
Chocolate or vanilla ice cream, milk, and chocolate syrup (depending on how intense you want the chocolate flavour). This is always the second-favourite milkshake flavour. It’s so easy to make and delicious to drink!
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk, cold
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Whipped cream, garnish
- Shaved chocolate, garnish
- In a blender, place milk and syrup. Cover and mix for 2 seconds on high speed.
- Put in ice cream. Cover and mix on low speed for about 5 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth. Pour into glasses. Serve right away.
I Love Strawberries Milkshake
Made with strawberry ice cream, milk, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream. Yum! It makes me greedy, for one, just thinking about it.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate-flavoured syrup
- 3 scoops (1/2 cup each) vanilla ice cream
- Put the scoops of vanilla ice cream in a blender to mix them. Pour in the milk and strawberries that have been sweetened.
- Blend: Blend on high until the ingredients are smooth and mixed together.
- Serve: Add whipped cream on top, and enjoy!
Purple Cow Milkshake
Made with grape juice, banana, and milk. Purple cows are excellent (and scarce). This milkshake is a real treat for kids and kids at heart.
- 6 ounces (from a 12 oz. can) of frozen grape juice (undiluted – do not add water!)
- 1 cup milk (any kind you like)
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Put the milk and grape juice in a blender. Put in some ice cream. Cover and mix quickly until everything is well blended (about 30-60 seconds).
- Pour the mixture into glasses and serve right away.
Chunky Monkey Milkshake
Made with vanilla ice cream, chocolate chips, bananas, and instant coffee. This milkshake may cause you to spontaneously get up and do the chunky monkey dance.
- 3 cups Chunky Monkey flavored ice cream (I use Ben & Jerry’s)
- ½ cup Almond milk (You can use your fave plant-based milk!)
- 1 cup Peanut Butter flavoured ice cream (I use Ben & Jerry’s)
- a handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- whipped cream, store-bought or homemade (See Notes!)
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Put the chunky monkey ice cream, peanut butter ice cream, and your favourite non-dairy milk in a blender and blend on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Once the shake is the right consistency, pour it into tall glasses and top each one with whipped cream (you can buy it or make it yourself), banana slices, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
Cherry Vanilla Milkshake
Made with vanilla ice cream, maraschino cherries, milk, and chocolate syrup. A chocolate-covered cherry in your glass.
- ¼ cup milk chilled
- 3 heaping scoops vanilla ice cream softened just a little bit
- 1 cup cherries pitted, halved and frozen
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Made with vanilla ice cream, low-fat milk, mint extract, and green food colouring. The simple milkshake that you can make at home, even though a specific famous burger joint no longer makes them,
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- Ten drops of green food colouring
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- whipped cream, sprinkles and cherries for serving
- Place the ice cream, milk, food colouring and mint extract in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses. Top with whipped cream, sprinkles and cherries, then serve.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake
Made with creamy peanut butter, milk, and chocolate syrup. An excellent alternative to a peanut butter sandwich.
- 1½ cups vanilla ice cream about 3 scoops
- ½ to ¾ cup milk* any percentage
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup or fudge sauce plus optional more for topping*
- 2 lightly heaping tablespoons (41g) peanut butter
- Whipped cream optional for topping
- Mix ice cream, milk, chocolate syrup, and peanut butter in a blender. Mix until it’s smooth and can be poured.
- Pour into a glass, top with whipped cream and other toppings if you want, and enjoy.
A blueberry milkshake is the best way to treat yourself in the summer.
- 2 cups all-natural vanilla ice cream (I prefer Breyer’s extra creamy vanilla)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- Put all the ingredients in a blender or milkshake mixer and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
Chai Tea Latte Milkshake
This Chai Tea Latte Milkshake recipe is ideal for both the summer and winter seasons. This summer, make this cold, creamy version of everyone’s favourite coffeehouse drink.
- 1 cup milk 227 grams
- 4 chai tea bags 8 grams
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups coffee ice cream 300 grams
- A splash of Bailey’s Irish Cream is optional, adults only!
- Ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream
- In a pot, heat the milk.
- Add the cinnamon and tea bags, bring to a simmer, and then let them steep.
- Let it cool.
- Blend the ice cream and milk in a blender.
- Use whipped cream on top.
indulge your taste buds and take a flavorful journey with the top best milkshake recipes. From classic favourites to creative concoctions, these milkshakes are sure to satisfy your sweet cravings. Whether you’re a fan of rich chocolate, fruity delights, or unique flavor combinations, we’ve got you covered. Get ready to shake things up and discover the ultimate milkshake experience.
H2: The Best Milkshake Houses in Europe
Europe offers a delightful array of milkshake destinations, where you can enjoy expertly crafted creations. Here are some notable milkshake houses in the continent:
- ShakeLab – London, UK: ShakeLab is a haven for milkshake enthusiasts, offering a diverse menu of innovative and indulgent shakes. From their signature Freakshakes to classic flavors with a twist, ShakeLab guarantees a milkshake experience like no other.
- Lucky’s Milkshake Bar – Berlin, Germany: Lucky’s Milkshake Bar is a popular spot for milkshake lovers in Berlin. Their milkshakes are known for their generous portions and incredible variety. With a multitude of flavors and toppings to choose from, you can customize your milkshake to suit your preferences.
- Milkshake Factory – Amsterdam, Netherlands: Milkshake Factory is a go-to destination for milkshake aficionados in Amsterdam. Their shakes are handcrafted using premium ingredients and come in a wide range of flavors, including irresistible options like Nutella, Oreo, and salted caramel.
H2: The Best Milkshake Houses in Australia
Australia boasts its own selection of fantastic milkshake destinations. Here are a few places to satisfy your milkshake cravings down under:
- The Shake Shack – Melbourne: The Shake Shack is a beloved milkshake institution in Melbourne, offering an extensive menu of decadent shakes. From classic favorites to unique creations like their Tim Tam and Ferrero Rocher shakes, The Shake Shack is a must-visit for milkshake enthusiasts.
- Milk Bar by Cafe Ish – Sydney: Milk Bar by Cafe Ish in Sydney is renowned for its creative milkshake offerings. Their menu features imaginative flavor combinations, such as the popular “Frooty Pebbles” milkshake. Step into this nostalgic spot and prepare to be delighted by their milkshake concoctions.
- The Milky Lane – Gold Coast: The Milky Lane is a hotspot for milkshake lovers on the Gold Coast. Known for their extravagant shakes topped with all sorts of delectable treats like donuts, cookies, and candy, this milkshake joint takes indulgence to the next level.
H2: The Best Milkshake Houses in the UK
The United Kingdom also boasts some fantastic milkshake destinations. Here are a few establishments worth visiting:
- Freakshake Cafe – Manchester: As the name suggests, Freakshake Cafe in Manchester specializes in extravagant and over-the-top milkshakes. Their towering creations are a feast for the eyes and taste buds, featuring a variety of flavors and toppings that will leave you craving more.
- The Shake Shed – Birmingham: The Shake Shed is a popular milkshake spot in Birmingham, offering a wide range of flavors and combinations. From classic shakes to unique blends like Bubblegum and Jammie Dodger, The Shake Shed provides a delightful milkshake experience.
- The Milk Lounge – Nottingham: The Milk Lounge is a milkshake haven in Nottingham, catering to both milkshake enthusiasts and those with dietary requirements. They offer an extensive menu of traditional and vegan milkshakes, ensuring everyone can enjoy their delicious offerings.