Hold on to your fries, because fast food restaurants have a whole meal deal of surprising truths hidden beneath the golden arches! While they serve up quick and convenient meals for folks on the move, there’s a flip side that the industry wants to keep under its greasy hat. Get ready for some deliciously shocking tidbits!
Sink your teeth into this burger bombshell: some fast food joints use meat treated with ammonia to zap those pesky bacteria. Who knew ammonia had beef with germs? But wait, there’s more! Behind the kitchen doors, employees often find themselves juggling long hours, minimum wage pay, and little job security. They’re stuck in a never-ending game of “fry or fly“!
Now, before you feel your appetite taking a nosedive, remember that fast food still has its loyal fans. But it’s no fun being kept in the dark about the not-so-tasty realities. So, grab a napkin and chew on these facts before you take that fateful bite.
Remember, knowledge is power, and in this fast food frenzy, being an informed consumer is the special sauce you need!
- Those grill marks on your burgers were put on when processed in the factory.
- Next time you get a drink out of a soda fountain, look up the ice chute. Quite often, you can find mould.
- A McDonald’s Corn Muffin has more Calories than a Glazed Doughnut.
- Those pictures and videos of food on these fast food commercials are airbrushed and touched up with fibreglass. It takes two hours to set up just one hamburger.
- Those scrambled eggs are made out of powder…Yum…
- You would need to walk for 9 miles to burn off the calories of a Double Whopper with cheese.
- All fast-food workers are supposed to wear gloves when they prepare food, but most of the time, nobody follows that rule.
- Fast food companies use high fructose corn syrup because it’s a cheap sweetener. It also will trick your body into wanting more of it.
- Burgers are cooked and are left until ordered on the stand for over 8 hours!
- If you get a lemon in your drink, you better be careful. Often, the employees will not wash their hands and just lay out the lemons, cut them up, and serve them.
- Cashiers are not supposed to tell you how many calories are in your dish, even if they know it. They are supposed to tell you that “All that information is available online.”
- Just one hamburger can contain meat from 100 different cows.
- Chilli is just made out of meat from old burgers.
- In restaurant kitchens, more people follow the 10-second rule than you’d like to think.
- At some places, like Taco Bell, the food carries over. So guess what? We serve you in the morning.
- Milkshakes can easily contain over 50 different kinds of chemicals.
- In many places, just before closing, all the coffee is decaf, whether you’re ordering it with caffeine or not. This is because nobody wants to clean two different coffee pots.