Learn more about the best Gilmore Girls recipes and Gilmore Girls cookbooks by reading on. If you like the notion of a burger shaped like Santa Claus, check out Eat Like a Gilmore and The Official Gilmore Girls Cookbook.
Gilmore Girls fans can enjoy some of the program’s most memorable dishes while watching or rewatching the episode.
Sookie’s Blueberry Shortcake
|1 batch of Easiest Shortcake Biscuits|
|1-pint heavy whipping cream|
|1 pint heavy whipping cream|
|1 tbsp Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (dry)|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar (or to taste)|
- Prepare the Easiest Shortcake Biscuits according to the recipe instructions.
- Once the biscuits are cooled, slice them in half horizontally.
- Spoon a desired amount of blueberry pie filling onto the bottom half of each biscuit.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (dry), vanilla extract, and confectioners’ sugar in a mixing bowl. Whip the mixture until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Spoon a generous dollop of the whipped cream mixture on top of the blueberry pie filling.
- Place the top half of each biscuit over the whipped cream layer, creating a sandwich.
- Repeat this process for the remaining biscuits.
- Serve the Blueberry Shortcake Biscuits immediately, and enjoy!
Note: You can adjust the amount of blueberry pie filling, whipped cream, and confectioners’ sugar according to your preference. Feel free to garnish with additional fresh blueberries or a dusting of confectioners’ sugar for presentation.
Luke’s Diner Cheeseburgers
|Two sesame-seed buns|
|One lb. lean beef, ground|
|1 tsp. kosher salt, divided|
|1 tsp. black pepper, divided|
|Two cheddar cheese slices|
|Grilled onions, optional|
|Sautéed mushrooms, optional|
|One red onion, sliced thinly|
|One tomato, sliced|
|4 lettuce leaves|
|Any other toppings of your choice, optional|
- Preheat a grill or stovetop pan to medium-high heat.
- Divide the ground beef into two equal portions and shape them into patties slightly larger than the buns.
- Season each patty with half of the kosher salt and black pepper, pressing the seasoning gently into the meat.
- Place the patties on the preheated grill or pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached.
- In the last minute of cooking, place a slice of cheddar cheese on top of each patty to melt.
- While the patties cook, prepare the sesame-seed buns by toasting them lightly.
- Assemble the burger by placing a cooked patty with melted cheese on the bottom bun.
- If desired, add grilled onions, sautéed mushrooms, red onion slices, tomato slices, lettuce leaves, and any other toppings you choose.
- Top the burger with the remaining bun.
- Serve the burger with a side of chips.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade burger!
Note: You can customize your burger by adding ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, or barbecue sauce. Feel free to adjust the toppings and seasonings according to your taste preference.
‘Sookies’ Mushroom Soup
|1/4 cup unsalted butter|
|2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms|
|One pinch salt|
|One yellow onion, diced|
|1 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour|
|Six sprigs of fresh thyme|
|4 cups chicken broth|
|1 cup water|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream|
|One pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
- Melt the unsalted butter in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the sliced fresh mushrooms and a pinch of salt to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms release their moisture and become golden brown (about 10-12 minutes).
- Add the diced yellow onion to the pot and cook until it becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Sprinkle the all-purpose flour over the mushroom and onion mixture. Stir well to coat the ingredients.
- Add the sprigs of fresh thyme, chicken broth, and water to the pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 15-20 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
- Remove the sprigs of fresh thyme from the pot.
- Carefully blend the soup until smooth and creamy using an immersion or a regular blender. Be cautious with hot liquids.
- Return the soup to the pot (if using a regular blender) and stir in the heavy whipping cream.
- Season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- Heat the soup over low heat until it is warmed through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
- Serve the Mushroom Soup hot and enjoy its creamy and comforting flavours.
Note: If using a regular blender, blend the soup in batches and vent the lid to avoid steam build-up. Adjust the consistency by adding more water or broth if desired.
Dean’s Favorite Rocky Road Cookies by Sookie
|1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened|
|3/4 cup brown sugar|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour|
|1/4 cup cocoa powder|
|1/2 tsp baking soda|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts|
|1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|1 cup mini marshmallows|
|Additional chopped walnuts and chocolate chips, to top the cookies|
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the softened unsalted butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the dry and wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and gently press a few mini marshmallows into the top of each cookie.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and continue baking for 2-3 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffed and slightly golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, if desired, sprinkle additional chopped walnuts and chocolate chips on top of each cookie for added decoration.
- Enjoy the delicious and indulgent Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Note: Adjust the amount of walnuts, chocolate chips, and marshmallows per your preference. The baking time may vary slightly depending on your oven, so keep an eye on the cookies to prevent them from over-baking.
Lorelai’s candy dessert sushi for Rory
|Rice Crispy Treats|
|Fruit by the Foot|
|Marshmallow fluff (optional)|
- Prepare a batch of Rice Crispy Treats using your preferred or store-bought recipe.
- Cut the Rice Crispy Treats into rectangular bars or any desired shape.
- Unwrap the Swedish Fish candies.
- Unroll the Fruit by the Foot strips.
- If desired, spread a thin layer of marshmallow fluff onto the Rice Crispy Treats.
- Place one or multiple Swedish Fish candies onto the Rice Crispy Treats, pressing them gently to adhere.
- Take a strip of Fruit by the Foot and wrap it around the Rice Crispy Treat, securing it in place.
- Repeat the process with the remaining Rice Crispy Treats.
- Serve and enjoy the fun and colourful Rice Crispy Treats with Swedish Fish and Fruit by the Foot!
Note: You can get creative and use other candies or toppings of your choice to decorate the Rice Crispy Treats. Adjust the quantities of each ingredient according to your preference and the number of treats you want to make.
|For the pancakes:|
|1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour|
|1/4 cup cocoa powder|
|3 tbsp granulated sugar|
|1/2 tbsp baking powder|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|1 1/4 cups whole milk|
|1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
|2 tbsp melted butter|
|1 cup semisweet chocolate chips|
|For the topping:|
|2 tbsp whole milk|
|1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips|
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter to the beaten eggs. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Gently fold in the semisweet chocolate chips into the pancake batter.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease with butter or cooking spray.
- Using a spoon or measuring cup, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes on one side for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form on the surface. Flip the pancakes and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cooked.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and cover to keep them warm while preparing the topping.
- Heat the whole milk in a small saucepan over low heat for the topping until warm. Add the semisweet chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate topping over the pancakes.
- Serve the chocolate chip pancakes with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Enjoy the decadent and chocolatey pancakes!
Note: Adjust the sweetness and chocolate intensity by adding more or less sugar, cocoa powder, or chocolate chips according to your preference. Feel free to add toppings, such as fresh berries or maple syrup.
Hot Cocoa Muffins
|Nonstick cooking spray (for coating the muffin tin, optional)|
|1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup dark brown sugar|
|1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled|
|1 cup milk|
|2 large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 cup mini marshmallows|
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Coat a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray to easily remove muffins.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, dark brown sugar, and unsweetened cocoa powder in a mixing bowl. Mix well to ensure all dry ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Whisk the melted and cooled butter, milk, and lightly beaten eggs in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir gently until the mixture is just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Gently fold the mini marshmallows into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the cocoa marshmallow muffins as a delightful treat for breakfast or snack time.
Note: You can add your variations to this recipe by incorporating other mix-ins like chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or dried fruits. Adjust the baking time as needed, as it may vary depending on your oven and muffin tin size. Enjoy the fluffy and chocolatey goodness of these muffins!
In conclusion, the Gilmore Girls recipes offer a delightful culinary journey inspired by the adored TV show. From the iconic Thanksgiving feast to the cosy comforts of Luke’s Diner, these recipes bring the essence of Stars Hollow into your kitchen. Each dish captures the unique charm and nostalgia of the show, allowing fans to recreate their favourite moments and flavours.
Whether it’s the mouthwatering apple tarts, the signature pancakes, or the famous turkey burgers, these recipes evoke a sense of warmth, community, and love. They showcase the importance of food as a way to connect and create cherished memories with loved ones.
Preparing these Gilmore Girls recipes is not only about the food itself but also about embracing the show’s spirit and immersing oneself in the whimsical world of Lorelai and Rory. It’s an opportunity to experience the magic of Stars Hollow and feel like part of the Gilmore family.
So gather your ingredients, put on your favourite episode, and let the flavours of the Gilmore Girls recipes transport you to a world of laughter, love, and delectable treats. Enjoy the journey and savour the deliciousness only the Gilmore Girls can bring.