Coffee, where would we be without it? It’s the one thing everyone seems to need first thing in the morning, from lattes to cappuccinos to flat whites. The next time you are at your favorite coffee shop and someone catches your eye, here are ten exciting coffee facts that you can use to break the ice:
1) Coffee is considered an aphrodisiac. Because it contains a high dose of caffeine and other various alkaloids, studies have shown that coffee can increase stamina and the overall length of intimate sessions.
2) Although coffee has been a part of the Arab culture for thousands of years, coffee didn’t become part of the western world until the 1500s.
3) Japan’s official Coffee Day is October 1st. What coffee will you be celebrating?!
4) A single acre of coffee trees can yield close to ten thousand pounds of coffee cherries. Once they are milled or hulled, there are still almost two thousand pounds of coffee beans.
5) Forty-nine of the fifty states grow no coffee. The only state that grows coffee is Hawaii. Additionally, the only United States territory that extends coffee is Puerto Rico.
6) Germany is the world’s second-largest coffee consumer. Forty-three percent of Germans add sweeteners to their coffee. In comparison, only twenty-seven percent of Americans (the number one consumer of coffee) use any sweetener in their coffee.
7) The English word “coffee” is derived from the Latin word “coffea.” Coffea is the Latin name for a genus of trees.
8). Every one of the fifty-three countries that grow coffee is located along the equator, between the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn.
9) On average, people who purchase their coffee from drive-through windows before work will spend around forty-five hours every year waiting in line for their coffee.
10) Petroleum is the only product traded more heavily than coffee. The amount of coffee produced worldwide is close to six million metric tonnes.
There you have it! Any other fun facts you wish to share? In the meantime, If you want premium, barista-quality coffee in the comfort of your own home, then the Jura E8 can deliver some of the best-tasting coffee available. You can click here to read a full review of the Jura E8 and see why the coffee-drinking community strongly feels about it! We all need a good boost! Now, who needs a cafe when you can have one in your own home!?