Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, who also serve as executive producers on the show, produced the American sitcom The Big Bang Theory. It premiered on CBS on September 24, 2007, and concluded on May 16, 2019, with its twelfth season.
The show is set in Pasadena, California. It’s about two fictional Caltech geniuses, Leonard Hofstadter, an experimental physicist, and Sheldon Cooper, a theoretical physicist.
Who live across the hall from Penny, an attractive blonde waitress and aspiring actress (whose last name is never revealed). Penny’s social skills and common sense contrast with Leonard and Sheldon’s geekiness and intelligence for comedic effect.
Howard Wolowitz is an aerospace engineer, and Rajesh Koothrappali is a particle physicist. Both of them are nerdy and bad at socializing.
They are the kind of “beautiful minds” who understand how the world works, but none of this helps them communicate with others, especially women. As the show continues, each man finds a woman who matches him, except for Raj, who is still single at the end.
- Actress Mayim Bialik has an actual neuroscience PhD in real life
- The cast are also highly skilled musicians
- CBS gave it a three-season renewal. Twice.
- The elevator scenes are filmed on just one floor.
- The writers used a neat Star Trek reference for Wil Wheaton’s ‘character’.
- This is what the apartment looks like.
- Sheldon and Leonard share a real-world inspiration.
- Several species have been named “bazinga” in honour of the show.
- Raj’s women’s problem is based on the executive producer’s old friend.
- Every episode is named after a “scientific” theory.
- We still don’t know Penny’s last name.
- Bernadette’s voice isn’t real.
- Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco dated in real life.
- There’s an official science advisor to consult on every episode.
- Jim Parsons failed a science class in college.
- The photos on Penny’s fridge are of the cast and crew.
- Sheldon’s t-shirt colours often reflect his mood.
- The Blossom connection also plays an integral part in one of the Halloween episodes.
- Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, and Johnny Galecki are among the world’s highest-paid television actors and actresses!
- In the German-dubbed version of the show, the voice actor for Sheldon is the same actor who usually dubs Leonardo DiCaprio.
- In the 100th episode of The Big Bang Theory, Penny wears the same shirt she wore in the first.
- Jim Parsons knows how to play the theremin.