Some of my favourite things are late nights, popcorn, and scary movies. When it comes to the afterlife, this is a big mystery and a hot topic.
The genuine article and other such nonsense. More than four reported paranormal occurrences have occurred since 2007’s initial discovery.
After moving into their new suburban home, a newlywed couple is bothered more and more by the presence of a demon. Many viewers are left wondering if this is based on real events because of the camera’s first-person perspective.
THE TRUTH…. IT IS FAKE! BUT it is based on true events. “Picking up where The Blair Witch Project left off, Paranormal Activity used found footage, taking it to an intense, new level of terror. The story may not 100 percent true, but it was inspired by something that scared Peli enough to want to share his fear with the world — and it worked. – ” 22 Oct 2015 ” – The Bustle
This 2006 hit was spread worldwide and started with a budget of $15,000.
- Opening Weekend $19,617,650 (USA)
- (16 October 2009) $77,873 (USA)
- (27 September 2009) £3,593,762 (UK)
After a young, middle-class couple moves into a suburban ‘starter’ tract house, they become increasingly disturbed by a presence that may or may not be somehow demonic but is certainly most active in the middle of the night, especially when they sleep or try to be Written by Paramount Pictures.
Here are a few fun facts
- The original ending was changed at the suggestion of Steven Spielberg.
- The entire movie was filmed in Oren Peli’s own home. (Directors) – Filming was completed in 10 days.
- Steven Spielberg had to stop watching the film halfway through on a home screener as the experience genuinely spooked him. He completed it in daylight hours the next day and loved it.
- During the first test screenings, people started leaving the theatre. Initially, the crew thought this was because the film wasn’t going over very well with its audience, only to discover that people had left the auditorium. After all, they couldn’t handle the intensity of the piece.
- Katie Featherston and Micah Sloat were reportedly paid just US$500 each for their performances. But due to the film’s success, the director, Katie and Micah, are now negotiating the amount. – Shot in 2006, not put into general release until 2009.
- Out of the eight people hired to star in the movie, only five cast members remain in the theatrical release.
- PELI FILMED THREE ENDINGS TO THE MOVIE.
- A software programmer by trade, Peli hadn’t much camera experience and edited the footage on a basic version of Sony Vegas he’d taught himself to use.
[…] the crazy pranks and scary experiences. As some of you know, I am amazed at haunted, dangerous, and paranormal experience stuff; I did an article a while back (Spooky places you can […]
[…] and scary sleepovers. Today, ghost-busting, like everything else, is a lot more solemn, and American paranormal investigators and social experiments are as big as you might […]
[…] family experienced terrifying paranormal activity in their home, including unexplained noises, objects moving on their own, and the appearance of a […]
[…] shrouded in mystery and supernatural legends, have captured the imaginations of thrill-seekers and paranormal enthusiasts worldwide. Here I will unveil the chilling tales and haunted histories of these top 15 haunted […]