Investing quality time with one another attempts to keep relationships alive. It is becoming increasingly difficult to cut time and maintain that spark in a relationship.
What with long work hours, getting supper, tidying up and experiencing the sleep schedule, what time is left? Of course, some hobbies, friends, and family!
Unless you orchestrate the time for your relationship, other less important things will crowd in and take what precious little time you do have.
Pick a night that will be an ideal date night with your partner and make a game out of being as innovative as you can be.
Attempt to perceive the number of things you can manage without burning cash. (Something that happens ALOT with me!) Here are some great date night ideas.
To kick you off are 52 thoughts on how to get to know each other without burning through cash. Don’t hesitate to include or adjust anything on the rundown to suit your specific relationship and conditions.
- 1. Take a drive to look at the Christmas decorations.
- 2. Play cards—perhaps strip poker.
- 3. Watch a movie together.
- 4. Go outside and have a snowball fight. (if there is snow)
- 5. Get some finger paints and create your body art with each other as your canvass.
- 6. Go sleigh riding.
- 7. Go ice skating.
- 8. Work out or exercise together.
- 9. Stage your improvisation show.
- 10. Sing to each other.
- 11. Review or create a photo album or scrapbook of your memories together.
- 12. Play a board game—perhaps chess, Scrabble or Twister.
- 13. Go to a bookstore, get coffee and read for hours.
- 14. Build a gingerbread house with only things you already have.
- 15. Make breakfast for dinner.
- 16. Work on a remodelling project together. 17. Plan and complete a yard work project together.
- 18. Do the spring cleaning together—room by room. When done, reward yourself by making love in the room you cleaned.
- 19. Give each other a massage.
- 20. Go to a car dealer and test drive the car of your dreams.
- 21. Shoot basketball together.
- 22. Dance together.
- 23. Take a shower together and wash each other—everywhere.
- 24. Take a free adult education class together.
- 25. Go to a mall and have a contest to see which one of you can get the freest samples.
- 26. Go rollerblading or bike riding.
- 27. Go to a Farmer’s Market together
- 28. Go swimming or skinny dipping.
- 29. Give each other a manicure or pedicure.
- 30. Go somewhere crowded to people-watch.
- 31. Go to a free outdoor event, perhaps a concert.
- 32. Lie on a blanket outside and watch the clouds or stars.
- 33. Go on a picnic.
- 34. Watch a fireworks display.
- 35. Be creative and engage in sexual role-plays. Be anyone you’d like to be for the night who is also exciting for your partner.
- 36. Sit by the water somewhere.
- 37. Do a prolonged striptease for each other.
- 38. Have a water balloon fight.
- 39. Sit outside and read poetry to each other.
- 40. Go for a drive together.
- 41. Go window shopping.
- 42. Go strawberry picking.
- 43. Call or write to someone you haven’t had contact with within a while.
- 44. Cook something together.
- 45. Spend an evening just talking with each other. Talk about the things you have done, plans you have for the future, important people in your lives or current events.
- 46. Take a bubble bath together.
- 47. Go to a free movie or museum.
- 48. Take a drive and find the potential in old houses and their properties.
- 49. Create an imaginary story together—either orally or in written form.
- 50. Take turns being each other’s genie in a bottle by fulfilling your partner’s every wish and fantasy.
- 51. Play in the fallen leaves.
- 52. Create an exciting scavenger hunt that ends in your bed.
Now you have 52 suggestions for things to do with your partner for every week of the year divided by season.
Indeed, you donít have to follow my directions. Feel free to add your own or to repeat your favourites as often as you’d like.
The primary concern isn’t to perceive how unusual you can get. The thought is to keep your relationship alive by setting aside a few minutes for a need. Significantly, you discover activities as a team that you can both appreciate.
If you have various interests, at that point, you can enter this with the soul of alternating and each consent to joyfully take an interest in the action picked by the one whose turn it is that week.
Suppose you prioritise your relationship and allocate time each week to rejuvenate the feelings that attracted you first. In that case, you stand a good chance of staying together for the long haul.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. What is stopping you? Start today.