Some of you may already know that the Showtime show Shameless is all I can think about.
The UK Shameless
The lives and relationships of a group of siblings and their estranged father, Frank Gallagher, on a rough Manchester estate.
The US Shameless
An alcoholic man lives in a perpetual stupor while his six children with whom he lives cope as best they can. This is an American remake of an English show.
When I was watching this amazing, crazy, and thought-provoking show, I had a lot of questions, which led me to look into all the unknown facts and behind-the-scenes stuff!
From super hot sex scenes to highly illegal drugs, theft, and underage drinking. This show brings all the badass acts out which you can’t stop watching. Talk about no judgment in a family! #LoveIT
So basically the same show but one English and the other American; safe to say, as much as I know, the English Shameless came around first; I am in LOVE with Emmy Rossum, William H. Macy, Ethan Cutkosky Shameless i.e. (American)
“Watch the Irish American family Gallagher’s deal with their alcoholic father Frank. Fiona, the eldest daughter, takes the role of the parent to her five brothers and sisters. Lip, Ian, Debbie, Carl, and Liam deal with life on the South Side of Chicago.
Fiona balances her sex life and raising her siblings. Every episode is another crazy situation that one or more of the Gallagher six get into. Watch them grow and learn how to make their way in life with what little they have.by Linda Taylor – IMDB super classic, the sayings, the lifestyle and just the banter! Here are a few fun quotes/facts about the USA Shameless!
- Ethan Cutkosky (Carl) asked to be written off for a few episodes at the end of season five because he was going to start high school, and wanted to experience it properly. He was able to start like a normal teen.
- Unusual for a television show, Creator John Wells has a very strict policy of no scripts allowed on-set. The actors and actresses have to know their lines by heart.
- Steve Howey, who plays Kev, spent the entire season three recovering from a torn Achilles’ tendon.
- Mark Mylod directed the first episode of both Shameless shows, the English one, and its American remake.
- The pool location Fiona and Steve have sex in, is the same as the one used in the movie Cruel Intentions.
- Each child, aside from Liam, identifies with the behavioural roles of children of alcoholics. There is the perfect child or the hero (Debs). There is the rebel or the scapegoat (Carl). There is the clown or the mascot (Lip). There is the lost child or the loner (Ian), and there is the caretaker (Fiona).
- According to details written in the early script of the show’s pilot episode, Fiona Gallagher was initially supposed to be very average-looking and overweight, with rattier clothes and messy blonde hair; a vast contrast from the slender, brunette beauty (Emmy Rossum).
- The cast admits that sometimes the scripts and storylines are outrageous, even to them.
- The first episode of the series generated 982,000 unique viewers, and was Showtime’s largest audience for a series premiere since Dead Like Me in 2003.
- On Shameless, the onscreen couple Mandy and Lip (Emma Greenwell and Jeremy Allen White) are actually a real-life couple. Interestingly enough, they started dating because they met through the show back in 2011 when Emma Greenwell joined the cast to replace Jane Levy, who previously played Mandy.
- Ruby Modine (Sierra), who plays Lip’s love interest in season seven, previously dated Cameron Monaghan (Ian, Lip’s brother) in real-life.
- Paul Abbott, who created the original English series, was originally against the idea of an American remake, fearing it would be stereotypically set in the South. He changed his mind, once John Wells told him it would take place in Chicago.
- Nearly every single episode features either nudity or sex.
- A unique presenting trademark is a principal characters’ breaking the fourth wall at the episode’s beginning, inquiring as to why the viewer supposedly did not view the previous episode before recapping flashbacks with unaired scenes.
- Throughout the show, they shot an episode where Fiona’s mother passed away. It just so happens that in that same week, her real-life grandmother, with whom she was pretty close, also passed away. She said that it affected her during the shoot and made filming some scenes unbearable.
- Now with the show starting in 2011 and still running today! Have a look at some of the characters then and now!!!!
William H. Macy... Frank Gallagher
Emmy Rossum... Fiona Gallagher
Ethan Cutkosky... Carl Gallagher
Shanola Hampton... Veronica Fisher
Jeremy Allen White... Lip Gallagher
Steve Howey... Kevin Ball
Emma Kenney... Debbie Gallagher
Cameron Monaghan... Ian Gallagher
Brenden Sims... Liam Gallagher
Noel Fisher... Mickey Milkovich
[…] a Boston Irish cop named Bill Coughlin, played by Justin Chatwin, who is sent to protect Black High school students who are being bused into all-white neighborhoods. As we can see from the trailer, Bill’s job makes him think about segregation and forces him […]