Right now, we are told where it’s safe to travel during the pandemic. We’re advised not to go abroad to certain destinations, and our hands are tied in regard to quarantine periods, anyway. So, the best thing that we could do this summer is to travel as locally as possible.
It’s always wanted long-haul travel. We always want to go to the furthest places and sit on the prettiest beaches. The thing is, we can’t do that right now, and traveling locally has tons of benefits that we are missing out on. This summer, however, everything can change. Instead of rocking up at an airport with your passport in hand, you can choose to consider insuring your van with One Sure and heading out on the road. You can pack up the kids and show them a whole new side to your local area. Whether you want to see the sites or you want to see the local beaches, there is so much that you can see and do without ever having to leave your country.
So, with this in mind, we’ve got some reasons you should travel locally this summer 2020.
- It’s Cheaper. When you go abroad, you have to consider more than flights. You have to consider the hotel costs and the extra food. You have to think about the cost of travel insurance, new clothes for the weather and even car hire costs in a new country. Look at a local travel guide. There could be beaches, historical sites, the country, hiking – all on your doorstep without all the additional costs. You can get the car or the van insured, sure, but that’s your only big expense to consider.
- You Can Road Trip. It’s so much more fun to take a road trip to a local beach and resort site, than it is to get on several flights with children. Piling the kids in the car and singing songs, sharing snacks and agreeing on places to stop and eat along the way is all part of the fun.
- Supporting The Locals. We’re in the middle of a pandemic, so you can guarantee that local businesses will be in hardship with people working from home and in lockdown. So, you can support the local businesses and give a little back by holidaying locally and spending your money with quaint little shops.
- Something To See. No matter where you live, you will find something amazing to visit. Some areas have heritage sites, and others have simply the most beautiful country houses and museums to explore.
- No Judgement On Baggage. It’s quite mortifying to be in an airport and have to half unpack your things because your bags weigh too much. Instead, you can pack as much as you like when you’re travelling locally. You can overpack and you don’t have to worry about the fees. Of course, you don’t want to go for more than your car can handle, but still, it’s far less stressful as you can still travel if you like.