How I Met Your Mother is a classic random-moment show that makes you laugh. I love the story, the dialogue, and the times when they say, “Lengend……..are.”
But here are some incredible, mind-blowing things you might not have known that will shock you!
- HIMYM is a story about a guy named Ted who has fallen in love with him. It all started when his best friend, Marshall, dropped the bombshell that he planned to propose to his longtime girlfriend, Lily, a kindergarten teacher. Suddenly, Ted realizes that he had better get a move on if he hopes to find true love.
- Helping him in the quest is Barney, a friend with endless — often outrageous — opinions, a penchant for suits, and a foolproof way to meet women. When Ted meets Robin, he’s sure it’s love at first sight, but the affair fizzles into friendship. A voice-over by Bob Saget (“Full House”) tells the story through flashbacks. (IMDB)
- Lyndsy Fonseca and David Henrie’s scenes as Ted’s future children were filmed during the first season to keep them at the same age throughout the series. This includes a location for the show’s eventual final episode that consists of the titular Mother, which was filmed early in the second season.
- Many episodes deal with Robin’s past as the teen pop star Robyn Sparkles, including her big hit “Let’s Go to the Mall.” That song is available on the dancing game “Just Dance 3.”
- The episode “The Pineapple Incident,” in Season 1, is the most viewed episode of HIMYM.
- Most of the websites featured in the show, such as www.canadiansexacts.org and www.stinsonbreastreduction.com, are accurate. www.lilyandmarshallselltheirstuff.com was created for charity, and items from the show were auctioned off.
- There are 13 interventions done in the series.
- The two-part finale was the show’s most-watched but lowest-rated episode.
- Cobie Smulders (Robin) is from Vancouver. Her character, Robin Scherbatsky, was initially supposed to be from Toronto, but this was changed to make her also from Vancouver.
- Although singers Britney Spears and Katy Perry were two of the biggest guest stars, fashion designer Tim Gunn was the most welcomed guest star by the cast and crew. Nearly everyone on set wanted an autograph from him.
- Jason Segel, whose character Marshall on How I Met Your Mother brags about once winning a high school slam dunk contest, really DID win a high school slam dunk contest.
- Neil Patrick Harris made $210,000 per episode, while the rest of the cast made $120,000 per episode.
- Five books that are related to the show have been published. This includes the now-famous “T”e Bro Code” “and “T”e Playbook”.
- Barney Stinson was named after a heroin peddler in the James Ellroy book “L” Confidential.”
- “ed and his friends regularly go to MaMacLaren’sub, a bar below TeTed’spartment. The pub was named after “MacLaren,” the associate producer and assistant to Carter Bays. Also, a bartender named Carl plays a minor role in the show.
- Famous for his suits in this series, Barney has suits for every occasion, including a flight suit for Halloween and suitjamas for sleeping in.