As most people know, I am a huge cat person. For Christmas 2014, my boyfriend bought me a lovely pedigree ragdoll kitten. Whom I named “Pancakes.” She has been amazing! She’s crazy, hyper, cute, and just plain entertainment! I love her so much. I met my first ragdoll when I visited my sister, who had recently become the proud owner of her male ragdoll. It’s true; animals are the best cure through difficult times. Here is why YOU should get one!
1. They are your best friend. No matter what happens, they follow you and are loyal. They know when you’re upset, and they know when your down. They’re always there to cheer you up and give you a friendly hug! Ragdolls may be able to take care of themselves, but cats still love a good cuddle. They are warm and fuzzy – so purr-fectly suited for snuggling.
2. Always wanting to play and keep you entertained. Yes, some of us don’t have time, but they never refuse to play a good afternoon game when you are available! Cats are more than capable of entertaining themselves with toys, boxes, drawers. So even if you don’t have time, they understand and find something inexpensive to play with!
3. RODENT ALERT! No need to call in help; they keep the creepy crawlies away. We had mice when we moved into our flat, safe to say; we haven’t had any problems since having her! Also, she likes leaving a small present as a gift when you come home from work…
4. Hygiene – Have you ever tried to wash or bath a cat? Not fun at all! So they bathe themselves and leave you with one less chore – it’s a win-win situation! You can get dry cat shampoo, but that consists of placing it on their fur and rubbing or brushing it in, simple!
5. Laughter – Ragdoll is always doing SOMETHING to make you laugh, whether it’s missing the ledge or even having a random hyper moment and running around like a maniac! They are so flimsy and find anywhere to sleep and play, leaving you so confused as most of the time it’s uncomfortable looking.
6. INDEPENDENT – They love attention, but at the same time if you are out all day they will be fine and take care of themselves, don’t worry, they will still be happy when you get home! No worrying about letting them out! Cats are naturally independent creatures that require little supervision, making this perfect for people in and out!
7. Health – Whether it’s depression, mental health, or any other difficulties, having a pet has been attributed to significantly lowering blood pressure, as well as lowering the risk of heart disease. Plus, the mere act of stroking a cat for a few minutes has been shown to release “feel good” “endorphins in the brain. How cool is that? Throw away the pills and get a cat!
8. Cat Selfie- Ragdolls are known to be one of the tamest and friendly cats, getting on with various animals and being like dogs’ labradors! They also love a good photo! You see everyone with baby pictures and that, but a Ragdoll photo goes a very long way! You love showing them off as they are such a unique breed and cute.
9. Alert – No matter what, whether they’re asleep or busy, they will pick up on every single detail, noise, and fly that enters your household! No need for a guard!
10. They are too cute to handle! – They know you, learn your personality and way of life, they become your best friend and partner in crime.
Let’s face it, they are just plain cute too!