Alright, the holidays have surpassed, and useless to say you are tired of pasta and heavy rich holiday foods, ham or roast pork or whatever and now you may be watching your food regimen after indulging yourself.
So here are a few quick and clean food thoughts that continue calories in mind but are still correct and are a pleasing change of tempo.
In case of youíre sincerely attempting to look at your calories then try to hold the wine to the most straightforward one glass an afternoon and no longer too late at night time the motive for this is that wine contains alcohol that allows you to sluggish your body’s capability to burn calories.
Of course, you could constantly overlook the wine but just don’t forget you won’t enjoy your meal as a lot. We are hoping that you experience these recipes and they deliver a pleasing trade for your meal ideas and quality exchange of tempo.
There can be many benefits to adding wine to your meal it can enhance your eating experience with the proper wine-food matching.
Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 1 can of tuna fish usually packed water or oil
- 1/3 cup of cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1/4 purple onion, chopped finely
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely
- 1 Tablespoon of capers
- Juice of half of a lemon
- Pinch or two of dill
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
Mix all of the ingredients. Be sure not to drain the water or oil from the can of tuna. Use it instead in the tuna salad mixture. I like to serve on toast, either open-faced or in a regular sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes and pickles.
For a low-carb option, serve on sliced lettuce. You can serve this along with vegetables or cottage cheese. For wine Sauvignon Blanc or Chenin Blanc, other wine that you might like.
Shrimp with Avocado Salad
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup grape-seeds oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 2 ripe avocados
- Lettuce – preferably butter lettuce or red leaf lettuce
- Lemon slices for garnish
- As and Option – 2 Tbsp chopped roasted walnuts or pistachios
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Cut avocados in half and remove pits. Combine oil, vinegar, and garlic in a bowl. Chop shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces and add to oil mixture.
Arrange leaves of lettuce on individual plates. Remove some of the avocado around the pit area and mix in with the shrimp.
With a spoon, carefully scoop out avocado halves from their skins in one piece. Place avocado half on plate with lettuce, spoon the shrimp mixture onto the avocado. Sprinkle with walnuts and cilantro (optional). Serve with lemon slices for garnish. You can server this along with vegetables or cottage cheese. For wine Sauvignon Blanc or Chenin Blanc or you choice of wine.
Spanish rice with Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use up to 1/4 cup)
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups of medium or long-grain white rice
- 3 cups of chicken or vegetable stock if vegetarian
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste or 1 cup of diced fresh or cooked tomatoes, strained
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds of chicken which can be grilled or fried and cut in to slices or chucks and added along side the rice or mix with rice as it simmers. This is a nice addition along with the rice and can be mixed in once the rice has been cooked as well.
Brown rice in olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan, then add onion and garlic. Cook, frequently stirring, for about 5 minutes or until onions are softened. Bring inventory to a simmer in a separate saucepan: upload tomato sauce, oregano, and salt.
Upload rice to broth. Bring to a simmer. Cowl. Lower heat and cook dinner 15-20 minutes, relying at the form of rice and the commands on the rice bundle and permitting take a seat for five minutes.
For wine Chenin blanc or maybe Gewurztraminer once more replying to your flavour for wines. The entire collection of recipes is available, but there are many more, so if you enjoy food and wine as much as most people do, stop reading and go to our website listed below. Till the subsequent time enjoy properly food proper wine and life.